When considering a merger or acquisition transaction, many questions come to mind:
- Does the business have the cash flow to support my deal?
- Will the business model work and will it be sustainable?
- How accurate are the numbers and assumptions being provided to me?
Throughout the lifecycle of a transaction, private equity firms, hedge funds, and corporations need timely advice and insight to help maximize value, mitigate risk, and make informed investment decisions. WeiserMazars’ dedicated team has the skills and experience required to assist you at all stages of your transactions. Our approach and teams will be tailored to the specific needs of each deal, based on technical excellence and industry expertise. Our goal is to help you make the right decision while forming a long-lasting relationship with you.
- Fluid diligence approach through partner involvement: Your key contact will be a partner who will provide hands-on involvement throughout the due diligence process.
- Responsiveness: Our dedicated transaction services team works at the fast pace of deals, providing timely communication focused on key risks and potential adjustments to the purchase price.
- Tailored solutions and industry expertise: We listen to our clients and tailor our approach and deliverable to the specific needs of each deal. We will assemble a team with knowledge and experience in your sector.
- Mid-market experience: We understand the nuances of the middle market, which often, due to limited resources, requires a more hands-on approach to the process. Our experience in the middle market enables us to meet clients’ needs by developing both operational and financial reporting recommendations that add real value to both the target and the investor.
- The experience of an international team: WeiserMazars is an independent member firm of Mazars Group, a prominent global accounting firm. Mazars Group has a dedicated team of more than 300 professionals to serve you on cross-border transactions in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Latin America, the Middle-East and Africa. Your single point of contact will be responsible for the coordination of our services and deliverables.
Our experienced team will help you to:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the target and its business model with a robust analysis of the target’s historical performance (quality of earnings, working capital, cash flow, etc.).
- Perform a critical analysis of the target’s financial projections and their underlying assumptions.
- Identify potential deal breakers or key risks relating to the target business and the transaction.
- Evaluate the terms of the deal with an analysis of the financial drivers that directly impact the purchase price.
- Identify the optimal tax structure of the deal.
- Assist in drafting the financial implications of the purchase agreement, and assess their implementation post-acquisition.
- Identify improvements to internal controls, systems and personnel organization.
- Assess potential departures from US GAAP, and if necessary differences between US GAAP and IFRS.
Other Due Diligence Services
- IT due diligence assessments and post-transaction systems implementation.
- Valuation services, including purchase price allocation.
- Preparation of the opening balance sheet and determining post-closing purchase price adjustments.
View our Recent Transactions here.